Those Who Journey Into My Subconscious

Sunday, March 13, 2011

.::Disowned::.

I had a dream about my family disowning me. In the dream I was staying with my mother and we were having a lot of issues and disagreements because I do not believe what she believes. My son and I were in my room, and my son was playing with some of my books. They were books on magick, metaphysical information, etc. My mother came in and was upset that I allowed my son around such books. She picked up one of my books (an Aleister Crowley book) and began marking out entire pages in the book. I snatched my books from her reach and we started arguing. I told her she would have to pay for the book she ruined and she laughed. During our argument she said I was leading my son to hell. The fight became physical, and my father had to step in.
My mother wanted my father to put me out right then and there. Eventually they agreed that I had to go. My grandmother got word that my mother was putting me out, and she offered for me to live with her. No one knew I was planning on living with a friend. I agreed to move in with my grandmother. My mother found out and told my family I was into evil stuff, I was against god, etc. None of them wanted me to step foot in their house. When I walked out of my mom's house my entire family was outside. I remember the sun was very bright overhead. There were thin, tall trees and the sun shone through the branches. My grandmother told me I could not live with her and believe in what I believe in. My sister was scared of me, and everyone in my family said I could not live with them. They thought I had nowhere to go, and they thought since I had nowhere to go, if they pressured me, I would cave in and become Christian again. The entire family began to bombard me with questions and judgments. I remember how hurt I felt that every last one of them had turned their back on me

"Why don't you believe?"
"How can you not believe?"
"What you believe in is evil!"
"What you're doing is evil!"
"You're going to go to hell and take your son with you!"

They wouldn't stop. I turned my back to them and said, "I don't have time for y'alls puritanical bullshit!" I was walking back into my mother's house, but she stood in the door, blocking it. They all continued on judging and questioning.

I had had enough. I spun around, clapped and rubbed my hands together and said, "Okay. Let's do it." A smirk was on my face (I always get this little smirk when I'm reaching a certain point of anger). "Prove there's a god. Prove YOUR god is real. Show me. Give me concrete, scientific proof that your god and your way is the right way. Prove to me that Jesus existed. I'll become Christian right now! Prove it!" They began to speak, but I cut them off, "--And don't tell me to look at the sun, and the trees. Don't tell me to look up at the sky. Don't tell me, "How do you think we exist? Why do you think we're alive?" Don't give me any of that b.s. Give me some real evidence."

Everyone was quiet. No one said anything. One by one they started to leave. My grandmother said, "Ask god for a favor... Ask him to do something and he does it."

I laughed. "Really, grandma? That's it?" I closed my eyes and raised my hands to the sky, "God, I really would like to be rich right now... (pause)..." I peeked one eye open... "No? Nothing...? Nothing at all?" I laughed again. I laughed at all of them as they walked away. It was just me and my son. We had all of our belongings together ready to leave. That's all that I remember.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a dream....I guess my question to u is...is this really your belief or just a dream?

    ReplyDelete